You may have to pry leftover candy from your child’s grip, but you won’t regret trying these delicious and inventive desserts made with leftover Halloween candy. Just be careful when you raid your children’s sacred collection of Halloween sweets!
Rice Crispy Treats with M&Ms
A rice crispy treat with a tasty twist, this recipe is a real crowd-pleaser with M&Ms laced throughout. You’ll need at least one package of M&Ms or Skittles (your preference). The combination of chocolate-y M&Ms and sweet Rice Krispies makes a chewy, melt-in-your-mouth treat that the whole family will love.
3 tablespoons of butter
1 12-ounce bag of M&M’s (or Skittles)
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Coat a 13×9-inch pan with butter or cooking spray.
- On low heat, melt butter in a large saucepan. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until completely melted and blended with the butter. Add vanilla and then remove from heat.
- Add cereal and mix well. Gently fold in M&Ms to avoid melting or crushing them.
- Press your rice crispy mixture into the pan and let it cool.
- Cut into squares or Halloween shapes and enjoy!
Candy Bar Brownies
Candy Bar Brownies are everything you love about classic chocolate desserts but with a rich and decadent boost when you add your favorite candy cars. A simple and easy-to-make recipe, just add fun size candy bars to a brownie mix for an irresistible Halloween-inspired treat.
3/4-cup butter, melted
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/2-teaspoon baking powder
4 candy bars cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13×9-inch pan.
- Combine the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside ¼ cup of flour mixture.
- Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture until well blended.
- Toss candy pieces with reserved flour mixture and stir it into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool, then cut into squares and enjoy!
Halloween Gumbo is an amazing combination of popular candy and your favorite ice cream flavors. For this recipe, get ready for a seriously addictive treat with Kit-Kats, Crunch bars, Hershey’s Chocolate, and Candy Corn.
3 scoops of vanilla or chocolate ice cream
2 Crunch Bars
2 tablespoons coconut shavings
1 package Candy Corn for garnish.
- Whip the ice cream until it is smooth and malleable but still frozen.
- Add all the other ingredients besides Candy Corn to the mixture.
- Begin to blend until all the ingredients are properly chopped and mixed.
- Pour into cups, then add the Candy Corn for decoration and enjoy!
The Chocolate Slab is another decedent treat that everyone will love. You can add almost any type of candy from your trick-or-treating collection; from M&Ms to Hershey’s and even pretzels, this crowd-pleasing dessert can be customized for all taste preferences. For this recipe, you’ll need chocolate (to melt), and your favorite assortment of candies, including Kit-Kats, Hershey’s, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Peanut M&Ms, and Reese’s Pieces.
2 cups chocolate
7 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
14 Peanut M&Ms
16 Reese’s Pieces
- On low heat, melt the chocolate in a medium saucepan.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Quickly begin to gently press your candy into the melted chocolate.
- After you fully cover the slab of melted chocolate, let it cool in the fridge for at least two hours.
Pro Tip: An optional step is to chop up pieces of the Chocolate Slab and include it in the recipe for Halloween Gumbo.
Your kids might not like the idea of giving up their precious Halloween candy, but they’ll change their mind when they try these lip-smacking desserts!